In the heart of one of America’s best business state, North Carolina, an emerging “corridor” of commerce where two major Interstates 85 (north/south) and 40 (east/west) link two of the fastest growing and most talked-about metro areas on the East Coast. At one end, the Research Triangle Park Region of Raleigh, Durham and Chapel Hill; at the other, the Piedmont Triad Region of Greensboro, Winston-Salem and High Point.
Alamance County and Burlington, NC is the centerpiece of this Carolina Corridor, where the full resources of the region come together to create exceptional opportunities for expanding and relocating companies.
- Burlington and Alamance County, NC have shown a growth rate of over 16% in the last 14 years.
- Alamance County is centrally located in North Carolina linking the Research Triangle Region and the Piedmont Triad Region. This gateway location provides access to North Carolina’s most desired amenities.
- The centerpiece of the “Carolina Corridor” of commerce, it is located just off of Interstate 40, Burlington is just 25 minutes from Greensboro, and within an hour drive to Winston-Salem or Raleigh and Research Triangle Park (RTP). Easily accessible to I-85, Burlington is within 2 hours drive from Charlotte.
- Burlington and Alamance County are home to 5 major employers with over 1000 employees, including Laboratory Corporation of America, which employs over 3,000 people.
- International manufacturing firms including Honda Power Equipment Manufacturing and GKN Drive North America, Gold Toe Brands, Kayser-Roth, Cambro, and Glen Raven.
- Corporate offices for Biscuitville, Zack’s Hotdogs, and National Agents Alliance.
- 2013 was a strong year for economic development in Alamance County. Four companies announced plans to establish or expand operations for a total of $125 million investment in facility and equipment and over 500 new jobs.
- Located at the intersection of the two most traveled interstates in the nation – I-85 and I-40, with Interstates I-77 and I-95 each only 90 miles away.
- In addition to a population of over 50,000 strong, a highly educated workforce is well within reach with Elon College just next door and Duke, North Carolina, UNC Greensboro, and NCA&T University all within 30 minutes of Burlington.
- Alamance County is served by Norfolk Southern Railway. The City of Burlington is a major stop on the Amtrak Passenger Railway system.
- Two international airports (Raleigh-Durham International RDU, and Piedmont Triad International PTI) are less is less than 45 minutes away. Burlington-Alamance Regional Airport services business and private air traffic. An extended runway is underway to bring the length to 6400’ and the capability to land a 737.
- FedEx operates a Mid-Atlantic Air Hub at the Piedmont Triad International Airport and a FedEx Ground facility a few miles away.
- Major ports such as Wilmington, Morehead City, and Norfolk are all within 200 miles.